Wednesday, May 5, 2010

OMG!!

Wednesday this week I had the repeat appointment to see little Madden again and try to get the ever elusive boy to show his sweet face sans arms, ankles and hands. That's a whole other post which I will promptly write about in a second. This one is dedicated to a certain lady who will remain nameless and unidentified ONLY because I don't have her name and photo. You can bet your sweet baby's bottom I'd post her picture faster than you can slap a tick. Had I had my sarcastic wits about me and my momma's smart you know what genes on in full force as I am known for, she'd been in a heap of junk. But, I had just stared endlessly at my sweet baby and was in a maternal lovey dovey state of mind. Lucky her. Anyhoo- onto the point of the post; I went to Panera for a quick bite with Katie after the scan which is three doors down. Just before we walk in I ask her if I look like I am 1.) dying or 2.) did my picc line look like I am super sickly and offensive/gross. For your information you should know, that she replied def not dying and it did NOT look offensive. As you might imagine I am fairly self-conscious about my tubes, and esp if any parts of either show. News flash: We are in Georgia, it's humid, it's hot. I had on short sleeves so the picc line ports, both of them dangling from my arm in plain sight. Well we order our food and walking with our drinks to the fountains then to a table which Katie was already walking toward as I went to grab hot sleeves for our cups (I hate touching cold cups, its a weird thing I have so I put hot sleeves on my cold drinks too). As I am walking back towards a table two woman are walking towards me pushing babies, and just as I am close enough to TOUCH one on the face if I wanted- one of them says to her I assume bff: " OMG!! Is that a feeding tube in her arm" in what I predict was her most disgusting tone. My reaction, for those who know me well and are grabbing their chins in oh my goodness what on earth did you do/say Breann?? I didn't say anything, my jaw dropped, my head tilted and I looked her dead in the eye and then I walked off shaking. About to cry. About to lose it. About to turn around and tell her exactly what that was in my arm, and then slap her with the hand attached to my "feeding tube". Or grab her and tell her to be thankful she was healthy enough to push a baby stroller, or had a healthy looking baby in that stroller (who btw needed a haircut and had a face only his mother could love, I thought about telling her that too, but thats just mean!!) and thank goodness it was me and not her with this tube in my back, and in my arm carrying this precious baby boy in my belly. Whoever you are "Mean Panera Woman" I don't like you and I am sad for your children that they have you as a mother. I bet your raising bullies and brats with a mouth like that. There. I have words too and I always try to make mine matter and make them fair. And FYI- mean lady- THIS my dear is what a feeding tube looks like....doesn't go anywhere near your arm.
**Editing to include an important side note that Katie, being the awesome friend she is, offered
and had an extremely difficult time restraining herself from inflicting bodily harm against the
"mean panera woman". Thanks girlie for sticking up for me, and being willing to go to jail for me
and my "tubes" :) love ya!!

3 comments:

  1. by the way- I do not have a feeding tube- its one of the tubes I do not sport- so this hairy man chest/belly does not belong to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That woman had some nerve to treat you that way. I was so mad! Oh well, we can laugh about your "feeding tube" now. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes we can :). In fact now when people stare at me (or my arm) when I am out I laugh and say- oh I know they do not want me to slap them with my feeding tube!!

    ReplyDelete