Tuesday, May 25, 2010

is it really so?

Is it really so? Is there a light I see at the end of this tunnel. The finish line in the distance? I can hardly believe we've came this far. I can hardly believe what has happened to me. What I have done. How I have felt. How I feel. I can't believe that I have sat here and cried for the past 30 minutes that I ONLY have 35-36 days left of being pregnant. of feeling kicks. of making a little miracle inside my body. of adoring what wonder can come from within. I also feel that thirty-five or thirty six more days is an eternity. far too long and that I can't possibly make it. but then I know its just thirty-five or thirty-six days and those days of feeling these last kicks and rolls and hiccups will go by in a flash. and then just as quickly as it opened a door in my life closes. a chapter finished. the part of making babies for me is done. this is the last time I will ever be pregnant. I will never ever again skip a period because there is a baby inside me. its hard to believe that its only 35-36 days left until I have one more of the most amazing experiences of my life. giving birth. i actually love that part. its the most incredible experience of life and I have been extremely fortunate to have experienced it twice already. I can not wait to see this little boy, to hold him, to kiss him & to start our journey in life together. I can't wait to introduce him to his brothers. I cant wait to get lost staring at him and his fingernails, and study the pattern of the hair swirling on his head and to touch the tiny eyelashes and run my finger along the folds of his ears. I can't wait to feel him breathe against me, to feel his warmth. Thirty five or thirty six days left until the finale. The curtain call. Until I can hold him and kiss him and tell him that I waited so long for him and that my heart can't even hold the love I feel for him. I can't wait, but then again I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment