Monday, April 19, 2010

Well...Well ...Web....

So, last night when getting up at 2:30 am to disconnect my bag of fluids & hep lock my picc line I sit up I feel a burn & a pop. I am in dire need of peeling off the patch to discover what the heck is going on with under there. I had been having some increasing pain last night but that can be normal. Burning, popping, and all that not normal. I peel back the stupid patch and I discover two things when I peel back the patch. A) I have popped a stitch while sitting up. This stitch was placed off to the side of my actual tube and was one of FIVE anchor spots. B) my surgeons mentor in his 'suturing' must have been spider man because the other four suture anchors are in a very neat little web spanning about 4 inches circling the pcn tube before anchoring into my back. NO wonder every time I move or sit, stand, deep breathe or sneeze (you know how many times I sneeze when I sneeze) it feels like I am pulling my tube from every angle. I AM!!!!!! Ugh. No doubt this little webbing stent was what I was awake enough to be trying to sit up and leave the OR which landed me aforementioned asian dude on my shoulders holding me down so Dr. Spidey could finish his evilness while I yelped in protest. Did I mention I am over this crap??

No comments:

Post a Comment