Tuesday, April 13, 2010

so I lost my pound.

my one pound. the only pound I had. I guess I threw that up too. Gosh. I saw Lisa, the worlds best midwife, today who informed me of my tragic loss of the beloved pound. I worked hard for it, I did. You have no idea how strategic I have been to gain it and there it goes justlikethat. I am so incredibly sick of throwing up. my throat just burns and burns and besides that its not fun to throw up. its gross. its nasty. i hate it. Lisa agreed that the throwing up has got to curb to get some weight on me. She didn't seem too terribly concerned that lil madden wasn't getting what he needs but did order a visit with my Perinatologist, Dr Allen for a growth check for the bubs and cervical length scan. I was scheduled for two weeks later and I may still go again then, she said he'd probably start seeing me more frequently now because of the whole kidney crap (radiation, OR drugs and contractions). She also set up the picc line and home health care, and changed my zofran from tablets to orally dissolving tablets. Sometimes I can't even hold down the zofran tablets so the odt's should solve that and if not we'll start on the zofran pump into my 2nd picc port. I'm sure BCBS hates me and they can rest assured the feeling is quiet mutual. I feel slightly vindicated though that those stupidly high premiums we've paid into them and never use the insurance unless I am pregnant and BOY does it get used then. Anyway, the picc line & running fluids at home will help with some of the kidney pain that I get when dehydrated and contractions from getting dehydrated too. Another big plus of the picc line is that there will be NO MORE IV sticks, everything can run through the picc and even labs can be drawn right out too with no needle sticks! :)).

No comments:

Post a Comment