Friday, April 16, 2010

less is NOT more.

Me and a few pals met up at the same time and place every Friday morning around say seven thirty, in special ops OR2. Clark, Donna, Natasha, The Asian guy who half laughs at every thing and says WHOA wayyyy too much, and then there is the doctor, most of whom I really like and seem to really like me except for one I don't typically get but on the rare occasion. Well today was a rare occasion. This week had the unfortunate Dr. P. Oh, Dr. P and I didn't hit it off so well two years ago in the very same OR when he stuck a wire through & through my kidney on an accident, an accident that I was talked into going "without sedation or anesthesia" and unfortunately felt and witnessed in its full glory including his explicative, and then mine, when he realized I was FULLY awake. Let's just say I very much dislike him. He started to redeem himself by showing off his wicked awesome skills at putting in my PICC line super fast and flawlessly. The man has some finesse guiding catheters into ones heart (the picc line), unfortunately he follows with a dagger in the kidney and no finesse whatsoever in the renal department. My OB concerned with so many OR trips ahead had asked that the anesthesiologist use less of the drug (Versed) that puts you "under" and try it with more Morphine or Dilaudid. Well. She did. It didn't work. I'm wondering if Ms. Donna heard and got hung up on less drugs and just all the way across the board gave me less of everything, surely that had to be what happened. I woke up during the procedure in sheer pain having my kidney flushed and fooled with and then something else I couldn't identify (see Dr. Spidey/Well..Web post) Anyway it was awful and awful got worse when the Asian boy who gets on my nerves was laying across my shoulders holding me down and multiple people telling me it was almost over. It was most certainly not almost over. It seemed like it continued for eons more which I know it in fact did not. I was out of it enough to feel loopy but not enough to not feel the pain. Next week, I will threaten to inflict similar bodily pain to anyone who comes near me or Donna using words such as less, not as much, drugs, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment