Friday, July 2, 2010

amnio is TODAY is HE?

something else I am wondering if is today....is Maddens Birthday. Hmm...up all night with contractions and pains reminiscent of the birthing process....just under what you would huff your way up to the check in desk at the labor & delivery and get admitted, tagged and start your wait for the whaa-a-whaaa!! Yesterday around 5pm some other nameless symptoms began that separate this episode from the other contraction episode and we know my spongy ripe cervix is gave its notice. Today, I go for my amnio in about two hours hopefully they'll say oh gosh your x cm lets just sent you on up stairs. I need a little nap, if it gets worse for sure a good bit of narcotic for that nap and I'll be good to labor it up and get this boy out. Either way, Dr agree's; something is up and the clocks started for this boy working his way out. Woohooo...Bring it on baby. I am ready now. Remember I specifically requested quickish and as painless as possible....I've already deducted points for that whole face up bit. lets straighten up and slide right.....now on to the giant needle...


update:

MADDEN HAS MATURE LUNGS!!!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
for any mama out there who has ever battled pre-term labor we all define our major gestational success (or I may be speaking personally here) as a room air breathing baby. There are milestones and viability goals, and a day less in the NICU goals for sure that count as major success. I consider "I DID IT" when my baby breaths room air. everything else just falls shy of that big success. I breathe a LOT better when I know they can. Madden should be able to breathe room air so tonight I go to bed feeling the world off my shoulders and huge heap of "i did it".....I did. the happy tears are falling fast. I can't believe so much has happened, so much we've been through, and we did it. WE SO DID IT!!! Thanks for fighting for us little guy, you sweet baby. I will see you very soon. I am so proud of you, I love you. always.


No comments:

Post a Comment