Sunday, July 4, 2010

i hope you don't mind....

i hope you don't mind that I put it down in words....this, rather these, are your songs Madden Andrew.

1) Your song- Elton john


~ because it just is. I can't hear it without thinking of you & our very special day, July fourth, 5:15pm...etched on the surface of my heart as one of the three greatest memories I will ever make :)


2) Sarah McLachlan- Ordinary Miracle


~You are no ordinary miracle. Miracles aren't ordinary. Everything just worked out with each of my little miracles. This song is beautiful and just reminds me of the tediousness of life but the simpleness we should adore. Things often do "just work out". Exceptionally so in the case of you, and your big brothers. Remarkably so.



3) Cold play- yellow- acoustic version


~ My little jaundiced glow worms....little tiny yellow babies. I realize that being your mother I am slightly biased but I still believe the stars shine for you. "I swam across, I jumped across for you, You know I love you so...."



4) John Lennon- Imagine


~ There is just something about this song that reminds me of the wide open imagination of little boys. When I was pregnant with you and heard it I would think of you. Wonder about your dreams, your personality. What you would stand up for in life, what would be your passion. It reminds me of you so much. I can't really put my finger on it, but it does. I think maybe it was because being pregnant with you taught me to live in the now, today, to take it back and enjoy it even when it's hard. things don't matter, moments and memories made do.



5) Sarah McLachlan- Answer


~ I will be there for you at the end of a hard day, be there for you. When things get hard, uncertain, and downright scary I will help you through to find your answers. I won't leave you, I will always be with you, be there for you.



6) Rob Thomas- Little Wonders


~ These small hours are everything to me. Right now for me, with you boys little, small, I hope never fade away. I know they will and you three will grow from boys to men. Madden, I want you to always be able to let it go, let the hard stuff roll right off and let the lesson set in and make better choices because of your mistakes...always learn something every single day. Don't even waste a day of life, not even an hour. Make it all matter, make every moment count. When you can't do it alone, never be afraid to ask for help.


7) Celine Dion- Have you ever been in love


~Because I am in love with the three sweetest boys. I held your brother Prestlee for the very first time to this song,and haven't held one of you since without feeling in love, so in love.


8) Miley- it’s the climb


~The climb was hard, and many times I thought I wouldn't make it. But, I did. WE did. We were strong and held on.


9) Beyonce- At Last


~At last, this song was playing when Prestlee was born. Its been on each of your birth music, because when I saw your faces, "my heart was wrapped up in clovers"...you each took a lot of hard work, tears and heartache to bring into this world and it just still feels too good to be true..."for you were mine...at last"


10) Bon-Jovi- Wanna Make a Memory


~I begged you in the beginning to hang in there. to fight. to breathe. to make it to the point where we'd make memories. I pleaded with you to just try your best that we'd start with a heartbeat then with kicks. we did. you did. you fought for me, and I fought for you. you kicked so much. feeling you move and wiggle inside was incredible. there so many memories for us ahead. so much time we are going to steal. I can't wait for them all, young and old. I am here for you. always. no matter what Madden. Anything at all, no matter what is ever on your mind, nothing is too big or too small, even if you just need an ear..."Hello again...its you and me...together we'll solve life's mysteries"


**Madden, you ended up coming into this world to this song and it just seemed so fitting. This was one of the first of your songs I picked for you because of the memories I wanted to make with you, for you to have with your brothers. I love you sweet boy. It was perfect that you came to this. I saw your whole face to "God its good to see your smile"...the moment was absolutely everything I had hoped and more. Perfect doesn't even come close. I love you.


11) Rascal Flatts- My Wish for you


~ I really do wish that your dreams stay big and your worries stay small and that you never have to carry more than you can hold, & that you help someone every chance you get, and that you always give more than you take....



12) Bob Marley- Three Little Birds


You three boys, are my three little birds, singing sweet songs, melodies pure & true... I always felt with the pregnancies that "Every little thing is gonna be alright" This song is one of my favorites of all time, and Henley loves it too!!


13) Gotta Get Thru This- acoustic version (Daniel beddingfield)


This was my "theme" song for IVF with Prestlee, then the pregnancy with him. I caught myself humming it and singing it when things got rough with your pregnancy (and Henleys too). I did get through it and got these amazingly incredible little sons. My littlest one, you are so special to me, I love you.


14) Adele- To make you feel my love


Because when the rain is blowing in your face & the whole world is on your case, I will offer you a warm embrace to make you feel my love. I love you so much. You, Henley & Prestlee mean the world to me, you are the beats of my heart. I love you more than words can say. I would go to the ends of the earth for you, to make you feel my love...



15) Justin Beiber- Baby

You would wiggle around in my belly to this whenever it was on the radio. It quickly became an ABSOLUTE favorite of Prestlee's!


16) Miley- when I look at you


When I look at you. It was hard being pregnant. The kidney stuff, being sick for so long was really rough. Sometimes I just wanted to be done when it wasn't okay to be done. I felt terrible that I wanted to give up. When I would hit my low and want to wave my white flag, I would look at your pictures. your tiny little feet, your sweet hand...your beautiful face. It would give me what I needed to just move forward sometimes, & to just keep me standing still until I could go on. It was hard. But the love I have for you, and your brothers, the love I get from you boys gets me through so much. This song also speaks to a hurt part of me, a permanent crack in my heart. I went through a lot to have the three of you. I have three precious little boys in my arms. I have three precious little ones in my heart though that I never got to hold. This song reminds me to look at the three of you & to hold you dear because you three will see the stars and the moon in the night sky, get knocked over by a wave on a sandy beach, touch the wings of a butterfly and you my sweet trio of miracles light up my life when I look at you.


17) I wish you love- Rachael Yamagata


~ Because when I heard this I thought of all the things I wish for you. I do wish you bluebirds in the springs, a cozy fire to keep you warm, I wish you love. I hope that you always see the simple things and enjoy life's simpleness. "more than wealth, I wish you love..."


18) Elton John- Can you feel the love tonight


~The love, it was thick as the Georgia humidity when you were born. Its unexplainable really how you can do something three times and it be just as magical, just as miraculous, just as awesome as it was twice before. But, it was. You could feel it, almost see it in the air, you are simply amazing, breath taking. I just know you are going to do amazing things Madden. I can't wait to wind down your lifes path and see it all unfold and be by your side. Always know that I love you.



19) Brad Paisley- When you find yourself


~ I hope you never have to lose yourself to find yourself. But if you do lose yourself I will always be here to help you see things clearly again. I will always be your soft place to fall. I will always be your Mommy. No matter how old you are. No matter what. I love you more than more.


20) Kenny Chesney- Don’t Blink


~ This song makes me stop and notice all the little things that fly by in a day. I stop in my tracks to soak in as much as I can of your brothers, and now you and your little kicks. One day, a long time from now you three will probably have your own little ones. My best advice is don't take a single moment for-granted, love with mercy, and don't blink. It goes by far faster than you think.


21) Taylor Swift- Today was a Fairytale


~ The day you were born Madden felt like a fairytale.So surreal. I fought so hard to get you here safely & healthy. You were the prince that rescued me from so much hurt. You were the perfect ending to a whole lot of hard work. Your tiny face, the beat of your heart, words can't even & will never begin to cover it all. life feels like a fairytale. You little one, are one of my three little princes I have fallen in love with.

1 comment:

  1. I only hope that I could express my love for Landis and all of my children even a fraction of how you can express yours for your boys! It's so beautiful the way to talk about them...

    ReplyDelete